Over the past decade I have interviewed over 100 effective and inspiring leaders prior to, and subsequent to the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) about what enabled them to transform their organisations and actively engage their people, in both the good times and more challenging times. These leaders have been from different industries and organisations; and what my analysis has shown is that they share twelve identifiable characteristics that have shaped their transformational leadership.
WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO CHANGE IN THE NEW
Welcome to the start of a new financial year, and the opportunity to review and reflect on the past business year, reset, plan and prepare for the coming year. I believe there are some simple questions we can ask ourselves about our professional and personal lives:
- What worked well in the past 12 months?
- What professional achievement in the past 12 months am I proud of?
- What personal achievement in the past 12 months am I proud of?
- What didn’t work, and why?
- What would I do differently if I had the opportunity to change something?
- What do I need to start doing in the new financial year that would improve outcomes?
- What development do I need to increase my productivity, performance and impact?