I believe the 3 C’s of life are: Choices, Chances and Changes. Life and self-leadership is all about:
- Choices. Every choice we make has consequences, and every day we get to choose our attitude; whether it is positive or negative, whether we choose to see what works rather than what is not working, and whether you want to always be right, or to collaborate and listen
- Chances is about taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone – every day! If you aren’t taking risks you are just stagnating and you are not growing at all. And if you are afraid to make mistakes, remember, you learn more lessons from your mistakes than your successes
- Change is what enables us to do and see things differently. Albert Einstein said that anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried someone new. So what would you do if you weren’t afraid of failure?
My challenge to each of you: You must make a CHOICE to take a CHANCE, or your life will never CHANGE! Do you want 2014 to be different and better, or to be more of the same?
The festive season is well behind us, as is Australia Day and school holidays are over, so back to routines and a new year at work. This is the time I reflect on the year that was, and the year ahead, and already the first month is gone. I believe we need to reflect on the past to celebrate our achievements and successes and then create and plan an even better future. It is time to honour what was good about the past, letting go of what didn’t work, and letting go of unfounded or unproven anxieties about the future, concentrating on the PRESENT. When I reflect on our year in 2013, what we are most proud of are the following:
- Being appointed as an advisor to the Chief Of Army, and working on Army’s values, their equity and diversity training materials, and coaching some of the most talented senior leaders in Army I have had the pleasure of working with
- Working with organisations in aged care, pharmaceuticals and health care to define their values and guiding principles
- Leadership programs for health, biotech pharmaceuticals, recruitment, construction, engineering, education and the public sector
- Our women’s leadership program, Great Leaders are Made, which was run three times in Sydney in 2013, and donating 5% of our profits from these programs to charities which support women and children, namely Miracle Babies, Bravehearts and The Butterfly Foundation
- Awarding 10 scholarships to women in small business, the Not-For-Profit sector and young future leaders under the age of 30 years old
- More than 40% of the women who completed the GLAM program were promoted, or secured more senior roles in other industries within in less than 12 months of completing the course
- Workshops on communication and leadership to our wonderful, gifted, 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students at the University of Western Sydney, as part of the Youth Leadership program
- Being part of the Halogen Youth Leadership Forum for the 6th year and voted most inspiring and motivational speaker by school students in Years 10 - 12
- Being nominated for the Telstra Small Business of the Year award
- Raising just under $17,000 for the Australian Cancer Research Foundation by running 2 half marathons, an owner/dog race and the Venice Marathon in Italy in honour of my friend, Silvana, together with an additional $40,000 raised due to our story by the ACRF themselves, putting us in the top 1% of fundraisers in 2013 through Just Giving.
- And the simple joy of doing work we love with clients we respect and enjoy working with. Thank you to all our clients in 2013.
Our plans for 2014 continue to be focussed on helping our existing clients and potential clients tocreate positive work environments through vision & values, employee engagement and inclusive, collaborative leaders! We do this through offering to you coaching, consulting services and workshops on communication, diversity, conflict resolution and leadership. We have significantly expanded our coaching services to include one-on-one leadership and executive coaching, career coaching and group coaching for middle managers, and up-and-coming young Generation Y leaders. More information about our workshops and coaching, and how to book these services are available by clicking here. When you book for any of these workshops or coaching sessions for your organisation, you will receive a free, signed copy of Secrets of Inspiring Leaders Exposed, featuring Father Chris Riley, Tim Costello, Liz Ellis, and others, valued at $35.
In conclusion, ask yourself: “When was the last time I did something for the FIRST time?”
Best wishes for a successful and fulfilling 2014.
Should you require more information please contact our office on (02) 9818-1892.